Available to students continuing their education beyond Grade 12 OR to current staff members presently enrolled full-time in an undergraduate degree, diploma, or certificate program; that is at least two years in duration at a designated post-secondary institution.
This is a non-repayable gift to be awarded to a previous Tomorrow’s Topkids participant OR a current staff member to honour student excellence and enable the pursuit of post-secondary education at an accredited institution. The emphasis of the bursary is on social merit. Financial need will be a consideration, but not the qualifying condition.
- Applicants must have been a full-time participant in a Tomorrow’s Topkids program for a minimum of 2 years.
- Applicants must have completed Grade 12 in the current or previous calendar year.
- Applicants must be entering the first year of a recognized post-secondary institution in Canada. A copy of the acceptance letter from the admitting institution must be supplied to the Bursary Committee.
- Applicants must be permanent, full-time, or part-time staff members; working a minimum of 15 hours per week in a Tomorrow’s Topkids program, for a minimum of 2 years of continuous employment.
- Applicants must be registered in a full-time study program/course load at a post-secondary institution.
- Proof of full-time study (or transcripts) must be supplied to the Bursary Committee.
- Letter of support from the Managing Director or their designate.
- Applicants must be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident.
- Consideration will be given, upon application, to the provision of bursaries for additional years, as necessary to complete a recognized degree, diploma, or certificate. The criteria for such consideration shall be the same as the first year application, substituting the post-secondary transcripts for the year completed in place of the high school transcripts.
- All decisions made will be at the discretion of the Bursary Committee and are final.
- Applicants are only eligible for one award per calendar year.
Amount of Bursary
- Bursaries ranging in size up to $1,500.00 can be awarded to qualifying students.
Eligible students may complete applications for the Bursary Committee to review. To apply, click here to download an Application Form.
Application Period for students starting studies in September:
May 15 to July 15
Notification: First week of August
Application Period for students starting studies in January
September 15 to November 10
Notification: Last week of November
Application Period for students starting studies in May
January 15 to March 15
Notification: Last week of March
Applications must be received within the dates noted above to be reviewed and considered for a bursary. Late applications will be returned to sender.